The Royal Prussian Iron Foundry in Berlin started its production in 1804, The foundry produced iron goods such as jewellery vases, knife stands, candelabra, candlesticks, medallions, as well as articles such as garden furniture. An important part in the success of the Prussian Ironworks lays on the architect and designer Karl Friedrich Schinkel who guided the ironworks with his vision. In 1806 Napoleon Bonaparte took Berlin with his troops and moulds from the foundry appears to have been taken and brought back to France. The foundry continued its production with more industrial item such as fences, bridges and trains. It was closed in the later part of the 19th century.