William Parker’s business was registered in London from 1762. In 1781, he registered a patent for a new type of assembly of glass plinths for candlesticks candelabra and other objects. He bought the glass for his work from the Whitefriars glassworks and worked closely with the glass decorator James Giles. Parker supplied a number of items to the Duke of Devonshire using this glass patent and the business flourished. His son joined the company in 1817 and they entered into a partnership with the Perry family resulting in the company Parker & Perry which is known for its chandeliers and candelabras.